Garver’s team of experienced professionals go beyond the basics to find innovative solutions that unlock future potential. The Garver Aviation Design Center in Tampa, Florida, is looking for its next innovative Aviation Project Engineer. This individual will primarily be responsible for designing airport projects, including improvements to runways, taxiways, aprons, hangars, fuel farms, parking areas, terminal buildings, and other airport construction-related projects.
For the last six decades, Garver has designed aviation projects for more than 250 airport clients. Through this experience, Garver understands the complexities of airport systems held together by runways, roadways, facilities, and electrical systems that must work in tandem to accommodate daily needs for passenger travel and cargo transport. As part of Garver’s commitment to continued innovation in airport design, our Aviation Design Center maintains a diverse, skilled design team dedicated to providing the expertise and leadership to assist our clients in meeting current and future needs.
The Aviation Project Engineer must be detail-oriented with solid self-initiative. They must be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients, and produce complete design phase deliverables, including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, exhibits, technical reports, and narratives. Creating construction documents includes drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates. Design development software packages, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other civil design packages, will be used.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical deliverables under the guidance of senior engineers. Technical deliverables include, but are not limited to: Construction Plans, Specifications, Design Reports, Permit Documents, and Cost Estimates.
- Attend and document client kick-off and progress review meetings.
- Coordinate with clients on project requirements and status updates.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies to understand local permitting requirements and submit permit documents for review and approval.
- Perform construction administration duties including attending and documenting weekly construction meetings, conducting periodic site visits, reviewing shop drawings, and assisting with the development of change order, closeout, and other construction documentation.
- Perform onsite construction observation and inspection.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Passed the FE exam, or ability to do so within 6 months of hire
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both internal employees and external clients
- Some travel may be required (approximately 10% with occasional overnight)
- Strong working knowledge and ability to design in CAD programs, including AutoCAD Civil 3D
Grow with Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.