To support the growing needs of Garver’s strategic Water Services, we are seeking an experienced senior biological process engineer to join our group as a Wastewater Technology Specialist and become a leader in Garver’s growing team of water and wastewater research and development professionals. This position would preferably reside in Dallas/FTW area however we open to air travel hub locations.
The Wastewater Technology Specialist will have the following capabilities:
- Be a member of the in-house technology and R&D team to support Garver’s Water Services teams and clients by providing additional expertise during the delivery of wastewater treatment processes.
- Conduct and direct proposal efforts in pursuit of projects and research grants related to biological wastewater treatment processes and technology
- Leadership and support of research on advanced biological wastewater treatment and biosolids processing topics as they relate to our wastewater clients
- Enhance Garver’s participation in biological wastewater treatment related research efforts that are funded by national organizations such Water Research Foundation through collaboration with academic institutions and our clients
- Participate and lead technical committees and presentations at professional society conferences
About Garver's Water Services Team:
Garver’s Water Services Team is dedicated to progressing advanced water and wastewater treatment process technologies, reuse, and infrastructure design for our communities. We are focused on providing the most innovative and cost-effective solutions to our clients. Located in 24 offices throughout the United States, Garver continues to gain new partnerships with clients looking to better their water and wastewater treatment solutions.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following:
- B.S. and M.S. in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Ph.D. in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering with an emphasis on biological wastewater treatment processes
- Ten (10) or more years of similar technical experience
- Credentials to support technical competence and knowledge of relevant issues facing the wastewater treatment industry.
- Experience in giving presentations for clients and professional organizations.
- Excellent speaking, presenting, and writing skills
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Affiliation and active participation with organizations such as Water Environment Federation, Water Reuse Association, and Water Research Foundation.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Experience with biological process modeling and simulation software
- Experience with biological process operation and troubleshooting
- Experience and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities within professional associations.
- Experience with successful pursuit of projects and research grants related to biological wastewater treatment processes and technology
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.