Eligible organizations must be one of the following:
- Recognized by and registered with the United States I.R.S. as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; or
- Accredited Public PreK-12 Schools or School Districts in the U.S. to which contributions are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States; or
- Accredited Public or Non-Profit Colleges and Universities in the U.S. to which contributions are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Code of the United States.
GarverGives supports registered nonprofit organizations in the following categories:
- Educational institutions
- Health and human services
- Arts and cultural organizations
- Civic and community organizations
- Environmental organizations
GarverGives does not generally support:
- Organizations not directly affecting the communities in which Garver does business
- Activist organizations
- Religious endeavors. We do not support sectarian and religious organizations or activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine; faith-based organizations must provide services to all clients regardless of denomination.
- Political, legislative, or lobbying organizations
- Concerts or other entertainment events
- Beauty contests, fashion shows, or hair shows
- Fraternal organizations and related events
- Travel or organized field trips
- Family reunions
- Organizations providing services primarily to animals, unless the animals provide therapy or support for people.
- U.S.-based organizations that do not have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or the equivalent