For the last six decades, Garver has been design projects for more than 250 aviation clients. Through this experience, Garver understands the complexities of airport systems held together by runways, roadways, facilities, and electrical systems that need to work in tandem to accommodate daily needs for travel and transport. As part of Garver’s commitment to continued innovation in airport design, our Nashville TN aviation team is dedicated to providing the expertise and leadership to assist our clients in meeting both current and future needs.
The Aviation Civil Project Engineer will primarily be responsible for designing airport projects, including improvements to runways, taxiways, aprons, airfield grading, drainage, hangars, fuel farms, parking areas, terminal buildings, and other airport construction related projects.
The Project Engineer must be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients, and produce complete design phase deliverables, including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, exhibits, technical reports, and narratives. Tasks associated with creating a set of construction documents include drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates. Design development software packages will be used, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other civil design packages.
Responsibilities will include
- Perform periodic onsite construction observation duties
- Construction Administration
- Submit reviews for projects under construction
- Detail-oriented and a team player with solid self-initiative to meet deadlines
- Development of Plans, Specifications, Reports, Estimates, and other technical deliverables
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- 0-4 years of related experience
- Passed the FE exam, or ability to do so within 6 months of hire
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both internal employees and external clients
- Some travel may be required (approximately 10% with occasional overnight)
- Strong working knowledge and ability to design in CAD programs, including AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Licensed pilot or other aviation-related experience
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.