Garver’s multi-faceted Facilities Design Team is seeking a well-qualified and enthusiastic Architect to join our rapidly expanding firm. We are looking for individuals with 5-15 years of overall experience in efficient and aggressive project delivery methods. Strong skill sets in building technologies, construction documents assembly, building systems integration, specification development, project communications, and leadership abilities are required. The successful candidate must be able to integrate into an in-house multi-disciplinary team setting. This design professional will ultimately be located in our Austin, Texas office and will have the opportunity to cross-collaborate with multiple business divisions within Garver. This position will be under the direct supervision of Garver’s Director of Architecture, supporting general architectural design needs of the Facilities Design team and will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of architects, engineers, planners, and designers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing complete and concise design and construction drawings
- Developing construction details that comply with the design intent and project budget
- Researching materials for specific projects
- Quality Control review of construction documents for completeness including coordinating details and dimensions
- Assist in Construction Administration submittal reviews and RFI’s
- Conduct existing conditions survey
- Current Texas Architectural license or the ability to obtain one through reciprocity
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Extensive Revit experience
- AutoCAD 2014 (or newer) experience
- 5 to 15 years of architectural design related experience
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and coordinating details
- Understanding of current building, life safety and accessibility code requirements
- Coordination and oversight of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Design-build experience
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.