As part of the Facilities Design Group for Garver, this Structural Engineer will be responsible for developing structural designs in support of various Facilities Design Business Line projects and marketing Garver’s engineering services to existing and new clients. This Doer/Seller opportunity is for a business focused engineer with a desire to also be a technical professional. This position can be located either in our Austin, San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas/Ft. Worth offices.
Specifically, the business focused responsibilities will include:
- Work with Facilities Design Group leaders to develop a strategic plan to acquire new clients
- Implementation of the strategic plan
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Participate in organizations and events that showcase Garver expertise and services
- Assist with identifying market trends related to building design and construction
Specifically, the technical responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to planning, design, and construction of several types of structural systems including:
- Structural steel
- Reinforced Concrete
- Cold-formed steel
- Reinforced masonry
- Wood framing
In addition, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, assisting project managers, following quality assurance and quality control plans, and coordinating with regional offices. Periodic travel may be required, on average this would be approximately 2 overnight trips per quarter.
Abilities and attributes needed for this position:
- Ability and a strong desire to market and develop new clients
- Experience interacting with clients and owners
- Focused self-starter that can act independently given basic direction
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of structural engineering principles.
- Familiarity with structural analysis and design software.
- Ability to develop structural engineering calculations, both by hand and utilizing software.
- Utilize CAD and BIM design software to produce construction drawings
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or architectural engineering with a structural emphasis from an ABET accredited university or college.
- Registered professional engineer in Texas with 4 to 8 years of detailed design experience related to building structures.
- Located in one of the Texas metropolitan areas – Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin/San Antonio, Houston.
- Ability to complete structural assignments of varying complexity with little to no direct supervision.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Experience with Autodesk software specifically Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Experience with project specifications; AIA Masterspec, Unified Facility Guide Specifications, etc.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.