As part of Garver’s growing Federal team, this Project Engineer will be largely responsible for performing design for federal projects, including improvements to roadways, grading, stormwater management, utilities, pavements, master planning, training ranges, civil works, and other related general civil engineering task. Typical clients are those from the Air Force, Navy, Army/ Air National Guard, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
This Project Engineer must have the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients and must be capable of assisting and/ or producing full design phase deliverables including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, technical reports and narratives with diverse clients. As responsibilities grow, this engineer will also have the opportunity to perform onsite construction observation duties, construction administration and submittal reviews for projects under construction. Design development software packages including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and other civil design packages will be used.
The Garver Federal Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational efficiency while maintaining community and environmental responsibility.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire
- Previous experience working with design software packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation or in-Roads.
- Detail- oriented and a team player with strong self-initiative to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Limited travel may be required (3 to 4 times per year with occasional overnight)
- Previous civil internship experience
- Previous site development experience
- Previous government project experience
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.