Garver is seeking a Civil Designer or CAD Technician for our North Little Rock, Arkansas or Wichita, Kansas office to assist in planning, design, and construction documents development on a variety of general civil and multi-discipline engineering projects for primarily Department of Defense clientele. Additional assignments may involve conceptual/preliminary site layouts, quantity computations, cost estimates, multi-discipline coordination, and as-built drawings.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a direct contributor to a team’s success and become a part of an ENR Top 200 engineering firm, then we want to talk to you about joining our Federal Services team.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- 4+ years of experience with AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- An associate’s degree or higher in drafting, design, or surveying, or high school diploma with a combination of relevant coursework and drafting experience
- Understanding and application of drafting methods, standards, and procedures
- Working knowledge of drafting/design software and MS Office Products
- Familiarity with USACE Tri-Services CAD standards
- Experience with AutoDesk BIM 360
- 5+ years of related drafting experience in site, roadway, stormwater, and general civil-type projects
- Prior experience with DOD projects
- Understanding of topographic and boundary surveying means and methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.