Do you have a competitive edge and love working in a creative and detail-oriented environment? Garver’s in-house Marketing Team is expanding and looking for a Senior Proposal Coordinator with strong written communication skills to support transportation project pursuits. This role calls for an eye for graphic design and the use of critical thinking skills to compile, proofread, and edit a continuous flow of documents. This position will be located in our Tulsa, Oklahoma office.
This position will develop and coordinate proposals for multiple transportation business opportunities, edit technical sections, provide creative layouts, and organize large amounts of information for the pursuit team. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, the ability to work independently on assignments, the ability to multi-task, and know how to prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
Core responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Take ownership of and lead proposal and presentation preparation. This includes the writing, editing, and proofreading of multi-page proposals, government forms, qualification packages, and presentations for both in-house and external distribution.
- Work with technical staff to develop strategic win plan.
- Conduct basic market research to assist technical staff.
- Work with technical staff to develop consistent content to carry over from statement of qualifications, proposals, and interview presentations.
- Coordinate and organize large amounts of technical information, including photography, external subconsultant data, and marketing materials including brochures, posters, etc.
- Develop, conceptualize, and collaboratively work with the graphics team to create visually appealing marketing material.
- Work as a collaborative member of the Transportation Marketing Team to maintain the central information database of custom-created content for use on future projects.
- Learn the transportation engineering industry from the ground up in order to communicate effectively with Garver’s project leaders.
- Assist the team in developing dynamic client presentations to win the job!
We request candidates submit a cover letter responding to the following questions to highlight your interest in applying your writing and design qualifications to this position.
- Tell us about your previous experience and how it is applicable to this senior proposal coordinator position?
- What is the most unique skill you will bring to the senior proposal coordinator position?
What is unique about this position
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working candidate to fill this position.
- Unlike a marketing agency, we work with our internal customers (our Project and Client Service Managers) day-in and day-out. Therefore, each new project is an opportunity to build on previous experiences and hone your craft.
- We operate as a team, leaning on the strengths of each other to develop strong proposals, presentations, and marketing deliverables for our technical teams.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Public Relations, Business, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field)
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 4-10+ years of related experience
- Previous experience in proposal preparation or large-document management
- Previous experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry
- Previous experience working with DOT, toll and municipal clients
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Previous experience in customer relationship management (CRM) database management, Deltek a plus/preferred
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.