Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Garver is seeking a Project Engineer to complement our reputable staff and join our growing Transportation Team in Overland Park, Kansas to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities in this position will include:
- Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects.
- Different roadway design components include typical sections, geometric layouts, typical section modeling and cross sections, drainage and hydraulic analysis, erosion control plans, safety features, and maintenance of traffic plans.
- Assignments will also involve tasks associated with producing a set of construction documents including drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EIT license or FE eligible
- 4-7 years' of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in civil engineering with a primary focus on Municipal transportation projects using APWA KC Chapter design standards
- Roadway design experience with MoDOT/KDOT/TxDOT projects
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak, and/or InRoads
- MO/KS/TX PE license or can obtain a MO/KS/TX PE license within one year of employment.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.