Garver is seeking a Project Engineer EIT to complement our reputable staff and join our growing Transportation Team in our Ridgeland, MS office to continue the tradition of providing quality service to our clients.
Responsibilities of this position will be to assist in the design and creation of construction documents on a wide variety of transportation projects including:
- Establishing the roadway geometric design for both horizontal and vertical alignments including super elevation.
- Evaluating the drainage needs of open channels and storm sewer systems thru hydrology and hydraulic calculations
- Determining construction perimeters by 3D modeling of roadway corridors.
- Designing traffic components of both permanent, and temporary traffic control during construction
- Calculating quantities and assisting in submittal production thru plan sheet setup and technical drafting.
There will be on the job training provided to help master these skills listed above.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI)
- 0-5 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on transportation projects
- Experience with MicroStation, Geopak/InRoads, and Open Roads
- Familiarity with AASHTO's highway and traffic publications
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.