Municipal Team Leader
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
The primary responsibility of the Municipal Team Leader (BTL) is to build and maintain a portfolio of profitable roadway and transportation projects serving municipalities, and county clients. This candidate will also be responsible for managing Municipal roadway and transportation projects for Garver as needed.
The ideal candidate will oversee team members who will provide planning and design to local county and municipal clients in the Kansas City Metro region. Typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Project management
- Sub-consultant coordination
- Project/task scheduling
- Contract Scope and Fee Development/Negotiations
- Project/task scheduling
- Managing design team members
- Civil design
- Plan production oversight
- Preparing cost estimates
- Client management and interaction
- Business development
Technical experience should include:
- Geometric design for roadways/intersections
- Drainage design (closed and open systems)
- Construction sequencing and traffic control
- Utility relocation coordination
Marketing activities may include assisting in the production of proposals and letters of interest, as well as participation in interviews and other presentations.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the states of Missouri and Kansas, or will have the ability to obtain reciprocity within six (6) months
- Fifteen (15) plus years of relevant experience
- Practical working knowledge of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Green Book, the Roadside Design Guide, and the Manual Uniform Traffic Control Device (MUTCD) as well as other industry standard design manuals and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
This Team Leader must be proficient in the following skills:
- Team Leadership: must recruit, develop, mentor, and oversee a highly motivated team, possibly in remote locations; must interface and workload balance with other regional teams; must be accountable to senior management for team portfolio performance.
- Project Management: must prepare scope-of-work and level-of-effort estimates for contract proposals; must lead and manage team for successful execution of contracted scope, budget, and schedule.
- Quality Control: Must be able to provide technical design and report writing skills or oversight to provide quality and comprehensive documents.
- Client Service Management – must develop and maintain a healthy network of municipal clients.
- Previous experience working with Municipalities and counties; preferably in the KC Metro area.
- Demonstrated success in business development of engineering services.
- 10 or more years of team management experience, including experience leading roadway and transportation projects.
- Previous experience with project and client management.
- Working knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, GeoPak or InRoads and/or other engineering design software.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.