Systems Engineers are at the heart of creating successful new systems. At Garver, our Systems Engineers support the system concept, architecture, and design. We analyze and manage complexity and risk. We work with our teams to decide how to measure whether the deployed system actually works as intended.
Garver is looking for a Systems Engineer to support public infrastructure planning and design. We anticipate the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Support systems engineering for transportation, water, aviation, and other Garver projects.
- Perform requirements management of design criteria.
- Perform interface management and coordination between teams.
- Support verification of civil engineering design through quality management and oversight.
- Perform systems engineering for ITS projects.
- Review, analyze, and document team processes to support project delivery and quality.
- Support risk management and coordination of teams and projects.
- Support project leaders by implementing project management tools.
- Support project leaders analyzing data and developing reports.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial and/or systems engineering from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program with demonstrated experience to support life-cycle development of public infrastructure projects
- 6 or more years of similar experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Travel may be required with occasional overnight
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge in Visio
- Previous experience in consulting engineering with a primary focus on infrastructure projects
- Experience with Requirements management tools
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.