With Garver's continued growth and commitment to providing reputable service to our clients, we are seeking a Program Controls Manager to oversee large-scale project scheduling and coordination for one Garver's largest Transportation clients. This role will collaborate with other high-performing members of the Garver Transportation Team, clients, sub-consultants and contractors company-wide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing and maintaining project schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project, etc.
- Communicating/coordinating with the project client and with individual Contractor/Construction Management teams.
- Coordinating and resolving long- and short-term planning and scheduling problems with personnel on project teams and contractors.
- Analyzing Contractor schedules, assisting site teams in monitoring construction progress and advising on delay claims with respect to schedule.
- Assisting in technical evaluation of contracts relative to expertise in planning and scheduling.
- Conducting time impact analyses.
- Preparing and maintaining fully logic linked and cost & resource loaded schedules.
- Analyzing critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommending workarounds to mitigate impacts.
- Analyzing schedule progress and performance and identifying developing problem areas.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management or Engineering
- 10 or more years' of relevant experience across a variety of project types e.g. large-scale infrastructure, highways, buildings etc
- PSP, EVP or PMI-SP Scheduling Certification desired, but not required
- Experience with scheduling in a Design-Build project environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the general contracting/construction management industry.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.