Garver’s Transportation Design Center, an integrated team with proficiency and focus in delivering bridge and structural projects, is seeking a Bridge Engineer for our Frisco, TX, Austin, TX, or San Antonio, TX offices. This position will join our in-house engineers, designers, and technicians to provide technical expertise in all areas required to successfully deliver sound solutions and quality design.
This Bridge Engineer will perform a wide range of design tasks from basic to complex as well as assist on other tasks such as design of bridge components and other transportation related structures, detailing for plan production, quantity calculation, report preparation, and site inspection.
Other responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Design and load rating of simple and/or continuous span pre-cast/pre-stressed bridges
- Design and load rating of simple and/or continuous span steel bridges
- Design and load rating of bridge class culverts and drainage structures
- Design of retaining wall and sign support structures
- Assist with inspection of new and existing bridges
- Bridge repair/rehabilitation design
As experience is acquired, responsibilities will lead into increased discipline lead or project management opportunities.
In 2021, Garver was selected No. 16 for ENR’s Top Design Firms in Texas & Louisiana. In addition to working with Garver’s accomplished Bridge Engineers, our team will offer outstanding advancement opportunity, professional mentorship and career growth.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET program
- 0 - 5 years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Registered as an Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Design and detailing experience with pre-stressed concrete, reinforced concrete, and structural steel
- Experience with MicroStation, structural analysis and design software
- Master’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program with structural emphasis
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas
- TxDOT precertifications 5.2.1 and 5.5.1
- Familiarity with the American Association of Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Bridge Design Specifications is desired
- Familiarity with TxDOT standards and manuals
- Experience in planning and design for bridges
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category
protected by law.