Garver is seeking a Municipal Project Engineer to complement our staff and join our growing Transportation Team in Frisco, TX to continue the tradition of providing reputable service to our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading and Assisting in the design and creation of construction documents on municipal roadway and drainage projects such as major thoroughfares, collectors, residential streets, and alleys.
- Roadway design components including typical sections, geometric layouts, drainage and hydraulic analysis, erosion control plans, safety features, maintenance of traffic plans, and small diameter water and sanitary lines.
- Assignments will also involve tasks associated with leading or producing a set of construction documents including design, drafting, quantity computations, specifications, cost estimates, client coordination and meetings, coordination with subconsultants.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 0 to 2 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Registered EIT in Texas
- Experience in municipal or TxDOT roadway civil engineering design, specifically horizontal and vertical geometrics. Storm Drain, Waterline, and Sanitary Sewer line design is a plus
- Experience as a Task Lead / Design Lead for the Roadway Design of Municipal or DOT roads including the development of proposed roadway elements, ADA/Pedestrian elements, Proposed Roadway Profiles, and Cross Sections
- Working knowledge of MicroStation (Geopak or InRoads). Experience in MicroStation Open Roads or Open Roads Design a plus
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.