Garver seeks a Traffic Engineer with experience in traffic design projects. Our Transportation Planning and Traffic Team is a growing, collaborative group offering our regional clients full-service transportation planning and traffic design capabilities. This position will have the opportunity to make a daily impact on Garver’s projects by being involved in a variety of project-types with diverse clients and working collaboratively with internal project teams, to expand our transportation planning and traffic services through high-quality work.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills with a commitment to becoming a key member of this highly productive design team. This position will be supervised by a Senior Project Manager and offers outstanding growth opportunity and career advancement to the right individual.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare traffic signal designs
- Prepare signing plans
- Prepare ITS plans
- Develop intersection improvement plans
- Develop signal timing plans
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and communicate concepts to clients
- Assist with project management to identify project scopes, fees, and monitoring project progress.
- Maintain a client-focused, service attitude by tracking budgets, and keeping projects on schedule.
- Prepare project proposals and giving interviews for project pursuits
- Perform direct client marketing and develop relationships with existing clients within our service area
- Mentor less experienced staff
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Working knowledge of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and FHWA Sign Book
- Working knowledge in capacity analysis
- Working knowledge of Microstation and Synchro is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Preferred minimum of 5-20 years of experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering.
- Master’s degree in civil/transportation engineering
- Experience using ArcGIS for data analysis
- Experience with SignCAD and AutoTurn
- Experience in marketing and managing local government projects
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.