As part of the Arizona Water team, this Process Project Manager-Business Development will be responsible for process design and management in support of Water Services projects across Arizona. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this project manager the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
The Process Project Manager will assist the Arizona Region Water Team Leader in business development activities, including building and maintaining client relationships, participating in industry activities and events, supporting proposal development efforts to capture and maintain workload in Arizona, and developing scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates for new projects. The successful candidate will have great opportunity for professional and career development from senior Water Team Leaders to grow into the Senior Process Project Manager role for the firm. This Process Project Manager will also be included in client meetings and at industry conferences to serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line.
Generally, the responsibilities of this role will entail taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control. The Process Project Manager will assist with managing teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standards.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 6 or more years of similar experience with no less than 2 years’ experience in project/team leadership
- Desire and ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Previous experience as manager in charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for major water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project teams and maintain internal client relationships.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in civil or environmental engineering
- Proficiency in process modeling software, Hydromantis GPS-X or BioWin
- Customer Focused - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ensures Accountability and Drives Results - Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Action Oriented and Manages Complexity - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Collaborates and Communicates Effectively - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.