As part of the Fayetteville Water Design Center for Garver, this Automation Specialist will be responsible for developing PLC and HMI programs in support of various projects for Garver’s Water Design Center. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this programmer the opportunity to be hands-on and directly involved with clients.
General responsibilities will include programming PLC and SCADA HMI applications, and general instrumentation, control, and automation support as required for a variety of water and wastewater projects.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing PLC programming logic and SCADA HMI graphic screens for automation of water and wastewater treatment control systems.
- Working closely with other team members, including electrical, process, and process mechanical team members to coordinate the project requirements.
- Developing I&C drawings in CAD software, including P&ID drawings and control schematics.
- Implementing PLC and SCADA HMI programs during system startups at the project sites.
- Working closely with contractors and plant operators during implementation of control systems.
Some travel may be required, as projects may require field work for site assessment of project locations and control system implementation during construction. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination for large infrastructure projects, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to maintain an efficient and productive team.
About Garver’s Water Design Center:
The Fayetteville Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for locations all across Garver’s footprint. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
- High school diploma
- Experience with one or more of the following PLC and HMI programming software:
- Rockwell Automation Studio 5000
- Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk View Site Edition
- Schneider Electric Unity Pro
- GE iFix
- Schneider Electric Wonderware
- Inductive Automation Ignition
- Technically competent in controls, instrumentation, and SCADA systems
- Experience using Bluebeam and MSOffice products, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience using AutoCad and/or Revit CAD programs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Associates degree or technical certificates in a related field.
- Overall understanding of water and wastewater treatment plant systems in a plant-wide setting
- Understanding of the electrical and control complexities associated with water and wastewater treatment equipment
- Experience with the development and design of remote telemetry systems
- Ability to develop and design SCADA infrastructure, including network communications
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.