As part of the Fayetteville Water Design Center for Garver, this Electrical Designer will work with the electrical design team to develop electrical designs in support of various projects for Garver’s Water Design Center. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this designer the opportunity to be hands-on with design of electrical power, lighting, controls, communications, and other electrical systems.
General responsibilities will include electrical design and drafting as required for a variety of water and wastewater projects, but the majority of the expected assignments will be related to developing electrical power distribution and control system designs for water and wastewater treatments plants, water distribution systems, and wastewater collection systems.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed designs for water and wastewater treatment electrical power distribution and control systems under the supervision of a professional engineer.
- Working closely with other team members to coordinate the project requirements
- Developing and drafting detailed plans and specifications including one-line diagrams, power plans, lighting plans, and control diagrams
- Coordinating with various electrical equipment vendors
- Developing construction cost estimates and participating in quality assurance and control procedures
Some travel may be required, as projects may require field work for site assessment of project locations and support during construction. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination for large infrastructure projects, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to recruit, develop and maintain an efficient and productive team.
About Garver’s Water Design Center:
The Fayetteville Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for locations all across Garver’s footprint. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Use of AutoCad and/or Revit CAD programs
- Experience using Bluebeam and MSOffice products, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Engineering, technical, or drafting secondary education.
- Direct electrical design and drafting experience
- Electrical field investigation experience and/or electricians’ license
- Technical skills to work, or learn to work, safely and competently with electrical testing equipment.
- Previous experience working with power modeling packages such as SKM and EasyPower.
- Water/wastewater consulting experience
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.