As part of Garver’s Arkansas Water Design Center, this Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects and developing designs in support of various Water Business Line projects. Garver is seeking an experienced water and wastewater engineering professional to join the Arkansas Water Design Center and be located in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Specifically, responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to:
- Water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Water distribution and wastewater collection, including pumping and storage
- Stormwater conveyance and detention
In addition to design, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, coordination with regional offices and regulating agencies, and quality assurance and quality control. The role will include oversight of engineering technicians and project engineers on various projects. Periodic travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties.
The Project Manager will also assist the Arkansas Water Design Center Civil Team Leader in managing and mentoring team members, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring the delivery of quality products.
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Be technically competent with water, wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader. Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
- Construction management, excluding construction observation, for local projects
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Must have 6 or more years of similar technical experience
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for civil engineering projects including: linear infrastructure, site development, street and drainage, and water/ wastewater plant improvement work.
- Must have a strong knowledge base of engineering principals including site development, treatment, collection and distribution
- Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook and pdf format documents
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- A Master’s Degree in civil, biological or environmental engineering
- NCEES Registration
- Storm water design experience including HEC-RAS/HMS
- Experience with Bentley software to include MicroStation, InRoads, Hammer, WaterGems and SewerGems
- Experience with Innovyze software to include InfoWater and InfoSewer (within ArcGIS)
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.