Garver is seeking an experienced water industry professional to build and lead our Georgia Water Services Team. The successful candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to help Garver grow our in the Southeast. The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on management of exciting water and wastewater projects through all phases of delivery. With an opportunity to join an established engineering consulting firm that is rapidly growing in the Southeast market, the successful candidate will help develop and lead diverse and custom water and wastewater projects, build and maintain outstanding client relationships, participate in industry activities and events, and learn and mentor as part of a growing full services team. Specifically, responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to:
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
- Water distribution, including pumping and storage
- Wastewater collection, pumping, and storage.
- Regional water supply planning
The ideal candidate will have the passion to build a water business in Georgia and Metro Atlanta. The candidate should have strong existing client relationships and a vision to increase the size of that network. The ideal candidate already has a network of clients throughout the region and a portfolio of experience. Responsibilities will vary in relative volume, and change over time, but will generally include:
- Lead business development activities including direct client interaction and engagement
- Develop a business/financial plan for the Georgia and Metro Atlanta Water Services market.
- Work with Garver’s proposal team to lead the pursuit capture of top line revenue generating projects.
- Oversee the hiring of a team of Project Managers to assist in the execution of the Business plan.
- Oversee the delivery of the projects while focused on risk management and profitability.
- Additionally, the candidate should have the technical competencies to serve as a project leader and technical advisor on water and wastewater projects.
- The ability and desire to not only develop new and existing clients, but to build a Water Business Line practice, growing resources to open and manage a new Garver office
- Bachelor degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 8 or more years of similar technical experience in the water sector with no less than three years of experience in project/team leadership
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Georgia.
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater collection, distribution, pumping, and/or treatment projects
- Strong understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control) required for the implementation of water and wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook
If you're looking for a company that gives you the freedom to drive your own career but still supports you with their full resources, look no further than Garver. At Garver, we have a philosophy that each regional leader has their own autonomy to grow their career, drive it in the direction they choose, and still maintain the full support, resources, and encouragement of the entire company.
Part of that support includes our multi-discipline Water Design Centers, Infrastructure Design Center, and Water Technology Team. These resources will provide you with the expertise and support necessary to pursue water and wastewater projects that best align with your regional goals.
Our Water Design Centers house multi-discipline teams under one room for strategic coordination and communication, which results in clear cost savings for our clients. The Water Technology Team comprises experts within each key field of water and wastewater design, such as treatment, water quality, infrastructure, reuse, and more.
By choosing Garver, you choose to be the driver of your own career with full autonomy to guide the direction of your regional office. Choosing Garver is choosing your own future.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.