As a member of the Greenville Water Design Center for Garver, this Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician will be responsible for drawing production efforts for Garver’s Water Design Center. The BIM Technician will collaborate with engineers, designers, and other BIM technicians to produce drawings and manage workload on various Water Business Line projects.
This role in the Water Design Center is one that is central to project delivery through our many offices and utilizes the latest BIM technology. Typical project specific duties include processing point cloud data, developing Revit models, and producing construction (contract) drawings for complex multi-discipline projects. Typical drawing sets will include general plan sheets, P&ID drawings, civil site plan sheets, structural, building mechanical, process mechanical, electrical power & light, electrical instrumentation & control, and architectural designs for many different types of projects, including:
- Water and wastewater treatment plants
- A wide variety of other water and sewer infrastructure projects, including pump stations, lift stations, conveyance, distribution, collection, and storage facilities.
Primary responsibilities of the BIM Technician will include:
- Developing 3D BIM Revit models
- Creating plans, sections, and details in Revit and AutoCAD software
- Working as team player with a group of technicians and designers of various levels and disciplines (process, structural, mechanical, and electrical) along with Project Managers and design teams to execute projects and developed detailed design drawings.
- Arranging necessary resources for file sharing and communication to effectively share design files across the company or with clients, sub consultants, and contractors.
- Maintaining strong communication with engineers and project managers to ensure timely delivery of projects and avoid any potential project conflicts
- Quality program compliance, including QA/QC to ensure all projects adhere to company standards
Due to the collaborative nature of coordination using BIM tools, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to foster and maintain an efficient and productive BIM team.
About Garver’s Greenville Water Design Center:
The Greenville Water Design Center will be a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for clients in Garver’s eastern footprint, as well as across the country as necessary. The Greenville WDC will specialize in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with conventional and advanced technologies. A centralized WDC requires constant communication, coordination, and participation with team members. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
- Up to 3 years of computer aided drafting and design experience with an architectural &/or engineering design team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in the use of BIM software (Revit)
- Experience using MSOffice products, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- General understanding of various building types
- Understanding of water or wastewater treatment specific equipment
- Experience using Bluebeam software
- Experience with file sharing protocols and other methods of file transfer
- Experience with multi-discipline CAD designs (i.e. piping, structural, electrical, I&C, controls, mechanical, HVAC, process)
- Experience with architectural, industrial and commercial designs
- Good communication and training skills (verbal and written)
- Associate degree in CAD or similar 2-year degree
- Experience with Civil 3D
- Experience with point clouds and point cloud processing with ReCap
- Experience with BIM360 file sharing software.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.