Garver is seeking an experienced water industry professional to join the Water Infrastructure Modeling, Analytics, and Planning (WI-MAP) Team located in Austin, TX as a Project Engineer for our developing national resource team specializing in planning and conceptual evaluations for water, wastewater, and reuse infrastructure. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and execution of the technical components of exciting water industry projects. With an opportunity to join an established engineering consulting firm that is rapidly growing throughout the United States, the successful candidate will help execute water and wastewater infrastructure projects, provide limited support to regional teams with marketing and business development, participate in industry activities and events, and develop their career as part of a growing national resource team.
Specifically, responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to one or more of the following categories:
- Water distribution systems, including hydraulic modeling, master planning, pumping and storage evaluations, water quality evaluations, and water loss studies;
- Wastewater collection systems, including hydraulic modeling, master planning, rainfall-derived infiltration and inflow analyses, and lift station evaluations;
- Water supply and integrated master planning, including evaluations of surface water supplies, ground water supplies, reuse, and water rights;
- Water distribution and wastewater collection system asset management, including condition assessment, sanitary sewer evaluation studies, and capital planning;
- Conveyance systems, including wire-to-water analysis, pumping optimization, transient analysis, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), and management of physical modeling projects.
Responsibilities will vary in relative volume, and change over time, but will generally include:
- Project Execution
- Support conceptual planning studies as a Project Engineer
- Efficiently execute workload to maintain project schedule and project financials
- Consistently produce high-quality work products
- Support development of materials for client workshops and present, as necessary, in client workshops
- Communicate effectively with other WI-MAP staff at different office locations
- Coordinate with regional team client service managers and project managers
- Coordinate with Water Design Center personnel through design phases of projects
- Business Development Support
- Support business development activities, such as client-specific presentations
- Support proposal development efforts
- Support scope, fee, and contract development services
- Participate in professional organization activities, including committees and conferences
Qualified candidates must be capable of performing the following routine functions:
- Display technical competency of water / wastewater engineering and civil engineering commensurate with experience level in the profession
- Contribute to multiple projects concurrently
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Complete assigned scope items within the allotted budget and schedule
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for project managers, regional team client service managers, the WI-MAP team leader, and clients, as necessary. Reporting will include project status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Contribute to preparation and execution of Project Management Plans and Quality Control Plans
- Support internal and external project workshops
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or ability to become registered within six months of start of employment
- Strong technical background in hydraulics
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software (e.g., Bentley WaterGEMS, Innovyze InfoWater, Innovyze InfoWorks)
- Experience with one of more of the main categories of work for the group outlined previously beyond university coursework
- Water distribution and wastewater collection system modeling, master planning, and asset management
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.