GARVER is actively seeking a Regional Project Manager with Water and Wastewater Plant Design experience to be located in Corpus Christi, TX. The Project Manager will join our expanding Water Group. This position may include client management with municipal contracts. The Water Group provides complex program and project delivery to GARVER. This group manages various aspects of projects and programs to profitably deliver services and results that meet or exceed client requirements and are aligned with GARVER’s core values and financial objectives. Responsible for managing a project to achieve specified objectives. Involves the overall planning, coordination and control of a project from inception to completion to produce a functionally and financially viable project that will be completed on time within authorized cost and to the required quality. Manages scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety, and change management.
Projects may include water system master plans, hydraulic distribution system modeling, water audits, water quality studies, disinfection, water supply sustainability, water systems design (water treatment plants, pump stations, etc.), energy evaluations, water main replacement analysis, water vulnerability and emergency response, and Safe Drinking Water Program audits.
Projects may include water and/or waste water treatment facilities, combined sewer overflow facilities, sanitary sewer stations, booster pump stations, transmission and/or distribution mains.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for contract management, administration and coordination on projects of various sizes and types
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating construction engineering documents
- Responsible for monitoring assigned staff to determine contractor's activities are monitored and performed in accordance with project plans, specifications and contractual requirements
- Liaison between Client, Company Personnel and Contractor in resolution of project issues
- Review and evaluate claims for changes and/or changed conditions
- Analyze and determine resolutions for complex construction/design problems
- Represent projects/clients at meetings and conferences
- Review and respond to Contractor's correspondence as required on assigned projects
- Implement on site procedures to assist staff in performing their work
- Keep client informed regarding project issues and provide possible resolutions
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Monitor contractor progress and compare with approved Progress Schedule
- Review and evaluate Progress Schedules
- Administer and manage contract and budget
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
- 8+ years of related municipal water and/or wastewater consulting engineering experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas
- Previous experience with large water/wastewater projects/pursuits/programs
- Proven client and project relationship management
- Strong problem solving, organizational, people, math and accounting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 100 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.