Garver is seeking a Water Facilities Team Leader in our El Paso, Texas office to provide exceptional client service, manage projects, and develop and maintain a portfolio of water/wastewater facility projects. The projects overseen by the Team Leader consist of studies, planning, detailed design, and implementation of infrastructure for treatment, pumping and storage facilities.
The Water Facilities Team Leader must be proficient in the following skills:
- Team Leadership: must develop, mentor, and oversee a highly motivated team to design and deliver complex water and wastewater facility projects.
- Project Management: must prepare scope-of-work and level-of-effort estimates for contract proposals; must lead and manage team for successful execution of contracted scope, budget, and schedule.
- Senior Design Engineer: must be proficient at the execution of planning, design, bidding, and construction administration phases of water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Business Development: must assist the El Paso client service manager to develop, capture, and maintain workload for the team throughout West Texas.
- Client Service Management: must develop and maintain a healthy network of clients throughout West Texas and the El Paso/Las Cruces metro area.
This role will offer the opportunity to leverage Garver’s established, well-respected Texas Water Team and specialized industry experts locally and regionally to support business development initiatives. Mentorship and development from seasoned leadership and peers will allow the Facilities Team Leader to have a direct impact on maintaining and growing Garver’s legacy of providing outstanding engineering services to water and wastewater clients throughout Texas.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Texas or ability to gain reciprocity within 6 months of hire.
- 8 or more years engineering experience in the municipal water/wastewater utilities market.
- 2 or more years project management experience.
- Working knowledge of presentation software such as MS PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Strong communication skills and public speaking ability.
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Experience with state and or national conference technical presentations on water/wastewater treatment topics.
- Community Involvement – The ability to build and serve your surroundings. Share your knowledge and have an impact in the El Paso community by participating in supporting STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.