Project Manager - Water
Location: Harlingen, Texas
As part of Garver’s Texas Water Team, this Project Manager will be responsible for developing designs in support of various local and regional Water Business Line projects. Garver is seeking an experienced water or wastewater professional to join the Texas Water Team and be located in Harlingen, Texas. Diversity in high-volume, custom water/wastewater projects will allow this project manager the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and may participate in marketing initiatives.
Specifically, responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to:
- Water distribution system planning, analysis and design, including pumping and storage
- Wastewater collection system planning, analysis and design, including lift stations
- Water and wastewater treatment plant planning, analysis and design
- Improvements and retrofitting of existing treatment facilities
- Assistance with master planning, hydraulic modeling, condition assessments, and capacity evaluations
- Management of construction phase services for aforementioned responsibilities
Generally, the responsibilities of this role will entail taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including design calculations, management and coordination of support discipline and sub consultant activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control. Periodic travel will be required on an as-needed basis for projects, conferences, marketing, and other duties.
The Project Manager will also assist the Water Team Leader in managing and mentoring teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring the delivery of quality products that adhere to Garver standards. The successful candidate will have great opportunity for professional and career development from senior Water Team Leaders.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Qualified candidates must have the following capabilities and the ability to perform the following routine functions:
- Be technically competent with water / wastewater engineering and civil engineering
- Manage scope, budget, and schedule for a team of multi-disciplined (civil, process, structural, mechanical, electrical, and I&C) project engineers, design engineers, and CAD Technicians in the development of various Water Business Line projects
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Manage project budgets including the development of detailed project instructions, scope of work, level of effort, and associated man-hour estimates
- Be responsible for time management and work product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Conduct written and oral project reporting for clients and Team Leader. Reporting will include project design status, upcoming milestones, project accounting, percent completes, progress reports, etc.
- Prepare and execute Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
- Construction management for local projects
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 6 or more years of similar technical experience with no less than 2 years’ experience in project/team leadership
- Registered as a State of Texas Professional Engineer (PE)
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater collection, distribution, pumping, and/or treatment projects
- Must have a basic understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & control) required for the implementation of water/wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook
- A Master’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.