Garver’s Water Technology Team is dedicated to progressing advanced water and wastewater operations, treatment process technologies, reuse, business practices, asset management, and infrastructure design for our communities. We are focused on providing the most innovative and cost-effective solutions to our clients. Located in 34 offices throughout the United States, Garver continues to gain new partnerships with clients looking to better their water and wastewater solutions.
Location: Flexible, with a preference being near one of Garver’s existing office locations (has to be willing to travel to various locations throughout the United States)
To support the growing needs of Garver’s Asset Management services and other strategic Water Services, we are seeking an experienced leader to join our group as a Business Advisory Services Leader. This position will support our water clients with asset management, business consulting services, information management, capital programs and the and Garver’s growing team of infrastructure, water, wastewater, reuse technology, research and development professionals.
The Business Advisory Services Leader will have the following capabilities:
- Provide support to clients and water team leaders in delivering Asset Management and other business planning services that include energy evaluation, operations and maintenance, and security consulting
- Autonomy and initiative to support clients and water team leaders with business, management, and program or project delivery topics as they relate to our clients
- Provide support to clients and water team leaders on topics related to municipal operations such as management strategies, financial services, information management and technology, program support services, and collaborative delivery support
- Provide support to the water business line with best practices for program cohesion, interface management, and collaboration on large infrastructure design projects
- Experience with collaborative delivery support for infrastructure projects
- Enhance Garver’s participation in management consulting and infrastructure related research and best practice publication associated with national organizations such as Water Research Foundation, the International Council on Systems Engineering, and through collaboration with renowned academic institutions and our clients
- Participate and lead technical committees and presentations at professional society conferences
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following:
- B.S. and M.S. in systems engineering, industrial engineering, civil engineering, similar technical or business degree(s) from an ABET accredited programs.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree (such as Engineer Degree) in systems engineering, industrial engineering, civil engineering, business or operations research with an emphasis on public infrastructure is preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of similar technical experience with no less than three (3) years’ experience in project/team leadership.
- Credentials to support technical competence and knowledge of relevant issues of program and project delivery within the public infrastructure industry, with a focus on water and/or wastewater.
- Experience giving presentations for clients and professional associations or conferences
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) is preferred.
- Affiliation and active participation with organizations such as Water Design-Build Council, International Council on Systems Engineering, American Water Works Association, Water Environment Federation, Water Research Foundation, Water Reuse Association, and/or American Society of Civil Engineers
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities within professional associations.
- Experience communicating with clients and colleagues to support business practice improvements and analysis.
- Experience in identifying and supporting cross-functional and cross-disciplinary issues that could impact project delivery or operation in the future
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.