Garver is seeking a Landscape Architect to join our growing Federal Team in our Wichita, Oklahoma City, Huntsville, or Little Rock offices. This Landscape Architect will be largely responsible for design of planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects across all Garver business lines throughout the country. Project types include site planning, bike/pedestrian trails, park and recreation facilities, site landscape & irrigation, and streetscapes. Typical clients include federal, state, and local agencies, as well as select private sector clients, across the entire Garver footprint.
This Landscape Architect must have the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients and must be capable of assisting with full design phase deliverables including drawings, presentation graphics, cost estimates, technical reports and narratives. This landscape architect will also assist with business development activities, perform public engagement duties, on-site construction observation duties when necessary, and construction administration and submittal reviews for projects under construction. Design development software packages utilized daily include AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX. The successful candidate will also have strong oral and graphic communication skills which will help clearly and effectively communicate our projects to our clients and the public.
The Garver Landscape Architecture Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on crafting creative and memorable designs for long-term operational efficiency while enhancing community character and promoting environmental stewardship. The successful candidate will help expand our capabilities and develop new markets as we grow.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program
- Licensed landscape architect, or ability to become licensed on first 12 months after hire.
- Strong communicator
- Detail- oriented and a team player with strong self-initiative to meet deadlines.
- Strong graphic (hand-drawn and digital), written, and oral communication skills. Please provide a copy of your portfolio indicating graphic skills and project experience.
- Construction document preparation experience, including site grading and site detailing.
- Experience working with design software packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and LandFX, as well as SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Limited travel may be required (3 to 4 times per year with occasional overnight).
- Previous landscape architecture experience in a multidisciplinary environment
- Previous experience with Lumion rendering software
- Previous experience with ESRI ArcGIS
- Previous site development experience
- Construction observation experience
- Previous government (local, state, Federal) project experience
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, buildings, construction, enterprise solutions, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.